Is the Dad in your life up and out the door to begin his day bright and early without eating breakfast?
Here’s an easy little go to breakfast for that busy boy in the house and not too shabby for every other member of the family too.
This is a great recipe to ‘handball’ to the kids, depending on their age and kitchen capabilities.
What you will need:
- Empty, clean glass Jar
- ½ cup of Oats
- ¼ cup of Pineapple Juice
- ¼ cup of Water
- 1 Punnet of cleaned Strawberries
- 1 Bunch of Rhubarb, washed and cut into chunks
- Organic Yogurt
- The night before place ½ cup of Oats into jar and pour ½ cup of 50/50 strength Pineapple Juice and Water. Leave over night to soak.
- Place 1 punnet of Strawberries and a bunch of chopped Rhubarb in a saucepan with ¼ cup of water. Bring to boil and simmer until combined – remember to stir. Once cooked, allow to cool, place in container and store in the fridge.
- To create Dad’s breakfast in a flash collect the jar of soaked oats, stewed fruit, yogurt and berries.
- Place the stewed fruit, yogurt in which ever order you prefer and top with berries.
- Place spoon in jar and surprise Dad with this easy to go breaky!
On a nutritional note Oats are packed with dietary fibre, and contain minerals such as magnesium, zinc, selenium, manganese and phosphorus, also rich in carotenoids, vitamin E and flavonoids. So basically great for brain function, sore muscles and energy. Add the nutrition factors of the toppings and you have a great nutritional start to the day. Quick, easy and it’s all in a Jar!
To all Dads’ out there, have a fabulous Father’s Day!!